Are you ready to register your brand as a trademark? Look no further than an in-person professional trademark specialist.
Recently, many more people are fallen victims to overseas and online scams regarding trademarks. Filing with an online company, particularly those based overseas, can have disastrous results, and can even result in cease and desist letters from a lawyer or a competitor.
Why? Firstly, These foreign companies may not have the right to file on behalf of an in-country trademark applicant. Secondly, they may not have qualified personal to oversee the process. Having a professional trademark specialist oversee your application and file it on your behalf is essential. The paperwork, while complex, can be tricky to the untrained applicant.
There are several things that can happen to your trademark application if you use an overseas or mass market firm, especially one that seems too good to be true.
- The application can be abandoned if there is no one to take queries from the Trade Marks Office.
- There may not be resources for clients who are challenged, especially for infringement, during the application process.
- Due to lack of research and resources, the application can lapse because the research was not complete
- The mass market or an overseas firm may not be totally honest or knowledgeable about whether you have the right to register your trademark in the first place.
- The resulting registration may not adequately protect your brand or may over protect it leaving it vulnerable to an application for non-use.
These are just the problems resulting from a mass market or overseas online trademark registrations. While these companies may not have the time or resources to properly attend to a trademark registration in foreign countries, there is another pitfall related to those who think they have the time: the do-it-yourself businessperson.
Business owners are often in the do-it-yourself arena. Often, doing things themselves saves money.
With filing a trademark application, this often turns out not to be the case.
It is important to recognize the reasons you would use a professional trademark specialist and the complexity of the trademark registration process which we often discuss but you can see these on our website www.pinnacletms.com.au
Save yourself time, money, and energy, and work with Pinnacle TMS. We have a wealth of knowledge and experience in dealing successfully with the Trade Marks Office, as well as overseas lawyers, were necessary, to secure trademark registrations around the world for our clients.